[vever] Out of sight

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[vever] Out of sight

Postby vever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:31 am

I'm very near sighted. Sometimes, just before I go to work, I put on glasses. As soon as I arrive at work, I take them off. Sometimes, I put on glasses first thing in the morning, and wear them all day at work. How come?
vever

Re: [vever] Out of sight

Postby peter365 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:01 am

Hi Vever

Are the glasses in both scenarios the same? Are they to correct your nearsightedness? Is there a safety consideration?

Any external factors at work here? the weather?

Is the nature of your job relevant? Do you work indoors? Would wearing your glasses on some days inhibit your ability to do your job?
peter365

Postby vever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

peter365 wrote:Hi Vever

Are the glasses in both scenarios the same? No Are they to correct your nearsightedness? Yes Is there a safety consideration? No

Any external factors at work here? the weather? No and no

Is the nature of your job relevant? In a way, yes Do you work indoors? Yes Would wearing your glasses on some days inhibit your ability to do your job? No, but OTRT
vever

Postby GalFisk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Do you use any relevant optical devices at work? Such as other glasses? Microscopes? VR gear? Do you use your nearsightedness as an asset at work? Such as looking at stuff up close? Calibrating or testing optical devices?
GalFisk

Postby vever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:05 pm

GalFisk wrote:Do you use any relevant optical devices at work? Such as other glasses? Microscopes? VR gear? Sometimes, but the glasses would not prevent that, really Do you use your nearsightedness as an asset at work? Such as looking at stuff up close? Yes, sometimes Calibrating or testing optical devices? No
vever

Postby Balin » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Are the glasses prescription? Are they sunglasses? Are they otherwise tinted?
Balin

Postby vever » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Balin wrote:Are the glasses prescription? One pair is
Are they sunglasses? Are they otherwise tinted? No sunglasses and no tint
vever

Postby irishelk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Is it the case that you normally wear glasses all the time, but specifically take them off some days at work? Or do you usually not wear glasses, except for some days at work? Contacts relevant at all?

Does looking at something with your eyesight slightly blurred/unfocused help at work? Are you trying to determine how a product or service would be experienced by other nearsighted people? Are you blocking out distractions in any way?

When you have your glasses off, are you interacting with people? With specific items? Specific software? Reading? Looking at a computer screen? Looking at something far away? Keeping your eyes closed?
irishelk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles