[klondike mary] that's my bro

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[klondike mary] that's my bro

Postby klondike mary » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Alec and Brian are identical twins, but they do not share a birthday. Explain.
klondike mary

Re: [klondike mary] that's my bro

Postby GalFisk » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 am

Are they identical twins with each other? Were they born from the same womb? Were they born on consecutive days? Any medical procedure relevant? Fertility treatment? Are they HAM?
GalFisk

Postby klondike mary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:07 am

Are they identical twins with each other? Yes. Were they born from the same womb? Yes. Were they born on consecutive days? No. Good to get the obvious out of the way first, but it's not that easy. Any medical procedure relevant? Yes. Fertility treatment? Yes. Are they HAM? HCM
GalFisk
klondike mary

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:36 am

Were they in the womb at the same time? Implanted at the same time? Or days, weeks, months, years apart?

Is one a clone of the other?
JenBurdoo

Postby klondike mary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Were they in the womb at the same time? Implanted at the same time? No to both. Or days, weeks, months, years This.apart?

This may go quicker than I thought.
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:44 pm

(****************SPOILER***************************
AS is usual in these cases, the parents, Don and Diana, had a number of embryos cryptopreserved (if that's a word), of which 2 were twins and the other 3 singles. After a few years, Diana was implanted, not with the blond, blue-eyed Brian, but with a different child - redheaded Chip. Screaming and consternation. DNA testing showed that he was the child of both parents, He was one of the singletons, and just took after a different side of the family. So they kept him and raised him. But an accident had undoubtedly occurred. Should they sue the clinic or not?

This comes from a novel, although it could also happen in real life. But in the novel, there had to be another plot twist. To wit: on the next to last page of the book, an unmarried woman gives birth to a baby, which she has planned to put up for adoption. Sure enough, this is beautiful, blond, blue-eyed Brian. Screaming and consternation And no explanation!

I would think the author owes us that much, at least.
klondike mary

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles