[Doriana] Morning has broken [PURRFECT SOLVE]

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Doriana] Morning has broken [PURRFECT SOLVE]

Postby Doriana » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Every morning, I wake up shortly after my roommate (H/A/F), do something, and go back to bed for an hour or so. I could also just get up and start my day, but I decide not to. What is it that I do and why do I go back to bed afterwards?

I = me, Doriana
Last edited by Doriana on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doriana

Re: [Doriana] Morning has broken

Postby Hobbsicle » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:43 pm

If you didn't have a roommate, would you do this? Does your roommate wake you up unintentionally? Do you wake up intentionally to do the thing that you do? Do you go back to bed because you are going to have to wait an hour for something anyway? Is hot water involved? Food/drink? Door locks?
Hobbsicle

Postby Doriana » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:33 pm

If you didn't have a roommate, would you do this? No Does your roommate wake you up unintentionally? Noish Do you wake up intentionally to do the thing that you do? No Do you go back to bed because you are going to have to wait an hour for something anyway? Is hot water involved? No to these Food/drink? Yes Door locks? Yesish
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Does the roommate also do this something? Do you want to do this thing before your roommate? Instead of? Does doing this thing lead to better sleep after your roommate is up? When you sleep after doing something, is your roommate present? Awake? Is your roommate relevantly noisy? Smelly? Cooking? Brewing? Waking you up? Food relevant? Coffee? Toast? Drink? Frying? Pets relevant? Other animals? Other humans? Newspaper? Mail?
Edit: does their procedure pleasure you? Annoy you?
GalFisk

Postby Enjay » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:02 pm

When you go back to bed, do you also go back to sleep? Relevant? Is going back to bed to do with you being tired? Needing more sleep? Wanting to stay out of your roommates way?
Enjay

Postby Doriana » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 am

Does the roommate also do this something? No Do you want to do this thing before your roommate? n/a Instead of? n/a Does doing this thing lead to better sleep after your roommate is up? No When you sleep after doing something, is your roommate present? Awake? Irrel to both Is your roommate relevantly noisy? Smelly? Cooking? Brewing? No to all Waking you up? Yes Food relevant? Yes Coffee? Toast? Drink? Frying? No to these Pets relevant? Yes Other animals? Other humans? Newspaper? Mail? No to these
Edit: does their procedure pleasure you? Annoy you? Neither

When you go back to bed, do you also go back to sleep? Yes Relevant? Somewhat Is going back to bed to do with you being tired? Needing more sleep? Wanting to stay out of your roommates way? No to all
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 am

So do you feed a pet? Relevant? Sleepwalking relevant?
Does your roommate also go to sleep afterwards? If you start your day, would you find your roommate awaken as well? Is you roommate aware that you wake up after? Alarm relevant? Do you relevantly do something the night before (assuming you sleep at night and wake up in the morning xD)?

Opening windows relevant? Relevant at which time does this happen? Is the pet yours? Is it a fish? A dog? A cat (I remember you love cats right?)? Others? Is the pet free in the room? Outside of the room? Is the food? Does the pet ask for food relevantly?

Since the roommate wakes up before you, could the roommate do the same as you do? If not, because she is not allowed? She is afraid? She does not want?

In going back to sleep, do you avoid some duty? Do you avoid to do something that instead your roommate would ask you to do had you been awaken? Do you want to wake up at a specific time? Are turns in the bathroom relevant? Avoiding overlapping schedules? Does she work in academic? Relevant?
Does sonething changes in your sleep from before doing the something to having done the something? E.g. you sleep with an opened door/window? Unlocked door?

Wouldn't you feel safe had you not a roommate? Or maybe would you not wake up on time? If so, the first time (i.e. to do the something)? The second time (i.e. when you fall back asleep)?

To be sure: do you sleep in the same bed as before doing the something? If not, does you roommate open the door when you come back?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:11 pm

So do you feed a pet? Yes Relevant? Very Sleepwalking relevant? No
Does your roommate also go to sleep afterwards? No but irrel If you start your day, would you find your roommate awaken as well? Irrel Is you roommate aware that you wake up after? Yes Alarm relevant? No Do you relevantly do something the night before (assuming you sleep at night and wake up in the morning xD)? No

Opening windows relevant? No Relevant at which time does this happen? No, assume between 6 and 7 Is the pet yours? Yes Is it a fish? A dog? A cat (I remember you love cats right?)? It's a cat (and yes, I love cats) Others? Is the pet free in the room? At some point, yes Outside of the room? At some point, yes Is the food? The food is in my room(ish) Does the pet ask for food relevantly? Yes!

Since the roommate wakes up before you, could the roommate do the same as you do? If not, because she is not allowed? She is afraid? She does not want? She could do it, but doesn't, reason irrel

In going back to sleep, do you avoid some duty? Do you avoid to do something that instead your roommate would ask you to do had you been awaken? Do you want to wake up at a specific time? Are turns in the bathroom relevant? Avoiding overlapping schedules? Does she work in academic? Relevant?
Does sonething changes in your sleep from before doing the something to having done the something? E.g. you sleep with an opened door/window? Unlocked door? No/irrel to all

Wouldn't you feel safe had you not a roommate? Or maybe would you not wake up on time? If so, the first time (i.e. to do the something)? The second time (i.e. when you fall back asleep)? Irrel to all

To be sure: do you sleep in the same bed as before doing the something? Yes If not, does you roommate open the door when you come back?
Doriana

Postby Enjay » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Does the roommate wake the cat up? Trigger the cat to think it's breakfast time? If you didn't get up the first time, would the cat bother you for food? Make noise? Come into your room? Bother your roommate?
Enjay

Postby Doriana » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Does the roommate wake the cat up? No Trigger the cat to think it's breakfast time? Yesish If you didn't get up the first time, would the cat bother you for food? Yes Make noise? Yes Come into your room? Yes Bother your roommate? No
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Does the cat go to bed with you after it's been fed? Do you cuddle? Does its purring put you to sleep?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Does the cat go to bed with you after it's been fed? Do you cuddle? Yes to both, which is adorable, but unfortunately also irrel Does its purring put you to sleep? No
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:43 am

Does your reason for sleeping some more have to do with: your roomine? Your cat? Your bed? Your job? Schedule? You enjoying sleep? Comfort relevant?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:41 am

Does your reason for sleeping some more have to do with: your roomine? Your cat? Mainly this Your bed? Your job? Schedule? You enjoying sleep? Comfort relevant?
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Does the cat: do something good when you sleep? Do something bad when you not sleep? Do something at another time of day that affects your choices at this time? Relevant what the cat eats? When it eats at other times of day? Is it always you and noone else who feeds it? Relevant? Relevant when you go to work? When you get home? When your roomie goe to work? Gets home?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:59 am

Does the cat: do something good when you sleep? Do something bad when you not sleep? Do something at another time of day that affects your choices at this time? Irrel to all Relevant what the cat eats? Yes When it eats at other times of day? No Is it always you and noone else who feeds it? Yes Relevant? It's only relevant that it's always me who feeds him in the morning Relevant when you go to work? When you get home? When your roomie goe to work? Gets home? Irrel to all
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 am

Does it eat: dry food? Wet food? Food that you prepare? Canned food? Bagged food? Whole animals? Scraps from human cooking? Does your reason for sleeping again after feeding only have to do with what the cat eats? Or also something else it does? Or doesn't? Something you do? Or don't?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Does it eat: dry food? Wet food? This Food that you prepare? Canned food? This Bagged food? Whole animals? Scraps from human cooking? Does your reason for sleeping again after feeding only have to do with what the cat eats? Yes Or also something else it does? Or doesn't? Something you do? Or don't?
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Relevant that it's from a can? Relevant where the cat eats? How it eats? What it does right before eating? Right after? You'd not go to sleep again if you fet it dry food, correct? Would this work with: all cats? Most cats? Some? Only yours? All cat owners? Most? Some? Only you?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Relevant that it's from a can? No Relevant where the cat eats? Yes How it eats? What it does right before eating? Right after? No to these You'd not go to sleep again if you fet it dry food, correct? Correct Would this work with: all cats? All cats that are fed wet food Most cats? Some? Only yours? All cat owners? Most? Some? This Only you?
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:39 am

Does the cat eat in your bedroom? The kitchen? The living room? Some other relevant room? Does it eat all the food it gets in one sitting? Speed of eating relevant? Sound of eating? Spillage/sloppiness? Relevant what's in the wet food? Or does any wet food work? Smell of wet food relevant?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:42 am

Does the cat eat in your bedroom? No, but... The kitchen? The living room? No to these Some other relevant room? Yes Does it eat all the food it gets in one sitting? Speed of eating relevant? Sound of eating? Spillage/sloppiness? Irrel to all Relevant what's in the wet food? See next answers Or does any wet food work? I think so Smell of wet food relevant? YES
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:16 am

Does it eat it near your bedroom? Far away form it? Do you sleep in a bedroom? Do you want to keep the smell away from where you sleep? Do you like the smell? Does the smell make you sleepy? Is your bedroom the only place where you can avoid the smell? Would starting your day mean enduring the smell?
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Does it eat it near your bedroom? Yes Far away form it? Do you sleep in a bedroom? Yes Do you want to keep the smell away from where you sleep? No Do you like the smell? NO Does the smell make you sleepy? No Is your bedroom the only place where you can avoid the smell? No Would starting your day mean enduring the smell? YES

I have a feline that we've discovered enough for the

********SPOILER********

Every morning, my roommate gets up early and lets my cat in through the back door. She then opens the door to my bedroom so that the cat won't wake anyone else up. I usually wake up either from her opening the door or because the cat starts meowing, so I get up and feed him in the en suite bathroom. Thing is, I love my cat, but I hate the smell of cat food. If I started my day right away, I would have to endure the smell while getting ready, so instead I go back to bed. When I get up again an hour later, the smell of cat food has vanished from the bathroom.

Nice solve, GalFisk!

PS: I only just realized that there was an unintended clue in the puzzle title, as it's a reference to the Cat Stevens song of the same name
Doriana

Re: [Doriana] Morning has broken [PURRFECT SOLVE]

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Nice pussle.
GalFisk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles