[klondike mary] On the level, part V

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[klondike mary] On the level, part V

Postby klondike mary » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 am

Yes, this is related to my other 'level' puzzles.

Although I am sure he had not heard the sermon, he seemed to be following it, and even seemed to return thanks.
klondike mary

Re: [klondike mary] On the level, part V

Postby Doriana » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 am

Is he human? If so, H/A/M? Is he an animal?
Doriana

Postby klondike mary » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Is he human? If so, H/A/M? Is he an animal? I thought I posted an answer to this - guess not!
No, he is not human, but is an animal.
klondike mary

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 am

Is he a domestic animal? A wild one? Can he understand human speech?

Does this occur at a church? Other religious site or gathering? Outdoors or Indoors?
JenBurdoo

Postby klondike mary » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Is he a domestic animal? A wild one? This.Can he understand human speech? No, not really, but he seemed to, and seemed to communicate with humans - the operative words being "seemed to."

Does this occur at a church? Other religious site or gathering?No to both. Outdoors or Indoors?Outdoors-ish.
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:27 pm

This seems to be moribund, so let's try some hints.
- This is related to my previous puzzle about squirrels in the attic, cats in the crawl space.
- There are two kinds of non-human animals involved. One kind is NOT squirrels, as the squirrels have left the premises.
- The 'sermon' is a fairly well-known one, which of course 'he' did not understand, but might have seemed to.
- 'He' did not 'return thanks' as a human would, but might have been grateful. Or not.
klondike mary

Postby Doriana » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 pm

Are cats relevant? Is he a cat?
Doriana

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Are cats relevant? Yes.Is he a cat? No, but there are cats in the puzzle. And huans, who made the istake of feeding them.
Doriana
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Uh, that should be 'humans.' Sorry.
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:45 pm

and 'mistake.' I could try saying the 'm' key is stuck, but it isn't the keyboard, it's me.
klondike mary

Postby Hobbsicle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Is it a bird? Is the sermon the one on the mount? Something newer? Is this at a home?
Hobbsicle

Postby klondike mary » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:52 pm

Is it a bird?He is not a bird, but a mammal.Is the sermon the one on the mount?Yes.Something newer? Is this at a home?Yes, the one where my son & d.i.l. live, and the one featured in some of my previous puzzles, but that is n.r.
Hobbsicle
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:48 am

Let's see if I can give this puzzle CPR.

It involves the cats that live in the crawl space of one of my previous 'level' puzzles, and one specimen of another type of mammal, and interaction between the two species. The sermon is the well-known 'Sermon on the Mount.' Neither the cats nor the other mammal could understand it, of course, but some of his (the mammal's) actions made it look like he could.

All the critters are attracted by a tactical mistake made by humans - feeding the felines.
klondike mary

Postby wunderland » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Is the sermon being shown on TV?
Is a specific part of the sermon relevant? e.g. is it one of the bits that says "blessed are X because they will Y"? and he (re)acts in a way that makes it seem he thinks he is X?
Does he bow his head? join his paws as if in prayer?
Is he a dog? a mouse?
Do the cats react to the sermon? or appear to do so?
Has he taken/eaten food that was intended for the cats? is the food what he appears to be thankful for?
wunderland

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 am

Is the sermon being shown on TV? It is not being shown anywhere, it just exists.
Is a specific part of the sermon relevant? e.g. is it one of the bits that says "blessed are X because they will Y"? and he (re)acts in a way that makes it seem he thinks he is X?No, not the Beatitudes.
Does he bow his head?No. join his paws as if in prayer? VERY close. Explore.
Is he a dog? a mouse? No. To save you posting the LTPF list of critters, I will tell you: He is a raccoon.
Do the cats react to the sermon? or appear to do so? No. They just act like cats.
Has he taken/eaten food that was intended for the cats? Yes. Is the food what he appears to be thankful for? Yes. Almost there!
klondike mary

Postby GalFisk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 am

Is he holding the food in his forepaws? But it looks as though he has them clasped/joined in prayer?
GalFisk

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Is he holding the food in his forepaws? But it looks as though he has them clasped/joined in prayer? No/yope.
Oh, heck! I am just going to go ahead and post the
***************SPOILER****************
Charlie and Joan, my son and d.i.l., (not real names) started feeding the stray cats on their property, which had the side-effect of attracting other animals, in this case a raccoon. Roddy the raccoon would boldly glom onto some of the cat food for himself. One little kitten took exception to this, arching his back & hissing. Roddy could have sliced the tiny cat in two, but he contented himself with arching his back and fluffing out his fur, thus seemingly living by the principles of "Do unto others" and "Do not return evil for evil." He did not, however, give up the morsel.

Later, while Charlie & Joan were sitting on the porch, Roddy came out on the porch rail, balanced on his back paws, and held the front ones up in the air. This may have been a gesture of aggression or submission, but it surely resembled the "Praise the Lord" posture, or 'returning thanks.' Then he put his forepaws down and scurried off.

As usual with these incidents, their camera/phone was nowhere around
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm

This is so close, I am just going to post a
*****************SPOILER**************
Charlie and Joan started feeding the stray cats on their property, which had the effect of attracting other animals in this case Roddy the raccoon. He would glom onto some of the morsels for himself. One tiny kitten took exception to this, arching his back, hissing, and fluffing out his fur. Roddy could have sliced the kitten in two, but contented himself with just arching and fluffing back, thus seeming to live by the principles of 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,' and 'Do not return evil for evil.' He did not, however, give up the morsel.

Later, while Charlie & Joan were sitting on the porch, Roddy came along the rail, stood on his back paws in front of them, and lifted his front paws.This might have been a gesture either of aggression or submission, or something else, but it did look like the 'Praise the Lord' gesture, or 'returning thanks.'

Of course, Charlie and Joan's camera was several rooms away.

And I hereby return thanks to Galfisk and all who took part
klondike mary

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles