[JenBurdoo] NOT an advantage, mind you...

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[JenBurdoo] NOT an advantage, mind you...

Postby JenBurdoo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 pm

My cat, Rupert, rarely cleans himself as cats normally do. Yet this inability is actually useful to me and helps me deal with one of Rupert's other problems. How?
JenBurdoo

Re: [JenBurdoo] NOT an advantage, mind you...

Postby klondike mary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am

Is Rupert's problem physical or psychological?
klondike mary

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 am

Is Rupert's problem physical or psychological? Both are relevant, but I think it'd be normally classed as physical.
JenBurdoo

Postby klondike mary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Is Rupert a FAM or a FAF? I(I know Rupert is a male name, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.) Relevant? Breed (if any) relevant?
My son has a bad-tempered polydactyl cat. Is R polpactyl? Is he (assuming 'he') missing something or does he have too much of something?
klondike mary

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Is Rupert a FAM or a FAF? I(I know Rupert is a male name, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.) FAM. Relevant? No. Breed (if any) relevant? No.
My son has a bad-tempered polydactyl cat. Is R polydactyl? No. Is he (assuming 'he') missing something or does he have too much of something? Physically speaking, neither.
JenBurdoo

Postby Earnest » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Does he try to clean himself in some other way? If so exploiting some surface/object?
Is he allergic to something? Does he relevantly clean more often than other cats?
Is Rupert's other problem connected to: sight? Fear? Food? sleep?
Does he need medicines? Pills? Is the veterinary helped too by the way Rupert clean himself? Are little kittens relevant? IS Rupert the only ne cat you have? Is he old? Young? Relevant? Is he sterilized? Relevant? Inflammations relevant?

helps me deal with one of Rupert's other problems --> in the sense he avoids to do something that otherwise would require you to pay attention? Or maybe in the sense that he naturally helps himself by cleaning in a different way than other cats? Does he relevantly play with toys? scratch? Relevant his race? Relevant where you live? (E.g. you live in an apartment and he like to go on the window risking his life) Meowing relevant? Mirrors relevant? Is the problem of Rupert related to way he clean himself? Had he cleaned as other cats do, would he have had the other problem?

Does it help you in the moment in which he cleans himself with the other problem? Soon after? Before? In another moment? E.g. when he cleans himself he leaves spots on his skin or somewhere else...
Earnest

Postby JenBurdoo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Does he try to clean himself in some other way? If so exploiting some surface/object? No to both.
Is he allergic to something? Does he relevantly clean more often than other cats? No to both.
Is Rupert's other problem connected to: sight? Fear? Food? sleep? No to all.
Does he need medicines? Pills? This. Is the veterinary helped too by the way Rupert clean himself? No. Are little kittens relevant? IS Rupert the only ne cat you have? Is he old? Young? Relevant? Is he sterilized? Relevant? Inflammations relevant? All else irrelevant.

helps me deal with one of Rupert's other problems --> in the sense he avoids to do something that otherwise would require you to pay attention? No. Or maybe in the sense that he naturally helps himself by cleaning in a different way than other cats? No. Does he relevantly play with toys? scratch? Relevant his race? Relevant where you live? (E.g. you live in an apartment and he like to go on the window risking his life) Meowing relevant? Mirrors relevant? All else irrelevant. Is the problem of Rupert related to way he clean himself? No. Had he cleaned as other cats do, would he have had the other problem? Yes.

Does it help you in the moment in which he cleans himself with the other problem? No. Soon after? Before? In another moment? E.g. when he cleans himself he leaves spots on his skin or somewhere else... To be clear, it is that he doesn't clean himself that helps me.
JenBurdoo

Postby Earnest » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:25 am

Does it help you giving pills to him? Does he need to take one pill per day? Two pills? More? Relevant?
Is it relevant which is the specific problem of Rupert? Does he clean himself at all? Rarely? Taste of the pill relevant? Swallowing the pill relevant? Had he cleaned himself normally would you be able to give him the pill? Anything related with fur? Skin? Eyes? Hears? Digestion? Incontinence? Throwing up? Breathing? Swallowing?

Do you serve the pill with food? Can the pill be dissolved in water/other liquid? Do you need to relevantly clean Rupert? Can the pill be absorbed? Is the pill to be swallowed? Shape of the pill(s) relevant?

By not cleaning himself, does he avoid to touch relevant body parts? To smell something? Would he need to clean more often than other cats? If so, due to his disease?
Earnest

Postby trebor » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Does Rupert have a diagnosed mental condition? Is he just...uh...kind of dumb? Is he quite the opposite, and rather smart?

Does him not grooming himself result in there being more hair around the house? Fewer hairballs? Does he have an issue with his mouth/jaw? Neck? Front legs? Back legs? Tail? Spine? Stomach? Digestion issue? Upper half of his body? Lower half?
trebor

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles